Project: Feedmill Facility
Client: ProForm Feeds Inc. (now Nutreco)
Location: Chilliwack, British Columbia, Canada
- CMC Engineering and Management Ltd. was awarded the contract for project management, detailed engineering design, procurement, contract supervision and automation software development for various upgrades and additions to this facility.
- New pellet mill expander installations in two existing pelleting lines. New warehouse designed for flat bulk or palletized bag storage. Grain cleaning system upgrade.
- New 3 t/h hydrothermal pilot plant installation within the existing infrastructure. Upgrading an existing grinding system to increase capacity by 30%.
- Automating a second grinding line to improve efficiency.
A new 10 t/h extruding tower complete with pregrinding and liquid coating capabilities.
- Multiple supply routing and interfacing.
- Routing distribution control to multiple locations.
- New boiler installation.
- A new automated bagging facility incorporating new bins, product screening, liquid coating and routing control interfacing with various production areas.
- Various projects upgrading and stream lining dry and liquid ingredient flows, bin usage, and plant/site areas.
- Automation (plant operation, scheduling and MIS) of all new facilities and part of the old ones using PLCs, personal computers, mini computers, and color VDT MMIs.
- Feasibility studies for phased implementation of replacement facilities for dairy line and pig/poultry production.
- Feasibility studies for a new pet food manufacturing plant.