Project: Fraser Grain Terminal
Client: Fraser Grain Terminal Ltd.
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Fraser Grain Terminal Ltd., a Parrish & Heimbecker, Limited venture, retained CMC Engineering and Management Ltd. in 2014 to prepare a feasibility study, conceptual, preliminary and detailed design and equipment procurement for a new grain handling and processing facility to be built in Surrey, BC.
The facility includes the following features:
- New loop track design to accommodate unit trains of 140 cars.
- Continuous unloading system for railcars at 2,000 t/h.
75,000 tonnes of storage for specialty crops such as peas, lentils, oil seeds, wheat, barley and canola meal pellets.
- Container stuffing facility for up to 1 million tonnes per annum.
- Bulk railcars loading facility.
- Bulk truck loading facility.
- Vessel loading facility for Panamax up to 85,000 t at 2,000 t/h.
The project is now in the permitting process and it is scheduled for completion by the first quarter of 2019.