Project: Hamlet New Malt Plant
Client: Froedtert Malt Corporation (ADM)
Location: Portland, Oregon, USA
Capital Cost: $100 million Cdn
CMC Engineering and Management Ltd. was awarded the contract for conceptual, preliminary, and detailed design for 150,000 TPA present and 300,000 TPA future malthouse, storage elevator, and infrastructure on a green field site.
- Feasibility study and site selection.
- Conceptual engineering for approximately 10 various malthouse and grain storage silo designs. Selection of general contractor through North American wide request for proposals.
- Negotiation of PP partnership agreement.
- Negotiation of project delivery system to suit owner’s specific needs.
- Detailed engineering for malthouse storage, infrastructure including rail, roads and underground services.
- Preparation, issuing, evaluation of tender procurement documents for equipment (approx. $20 million).
- Preparation, issuing, evaluation of construction tenders for piling, roads, rail, underground services, foundations, superstructure, mechanical and electrical.
- Evaluation of all tender documents.
- Preparation and updating construction schedules (P3). Project procedures manual.
- Implementation of Project Management and Cost Control System (Expedition).
- Environmental permitting for sewer, water, and air emissions.
- Building permits.
- Power distribution including 14.7/480 substation.
- Complete plant automation including plant operation, scheduling, MIS.